[Samba] Windows 7 - temporary profile

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Mar 29 00:13:02 MDT 2012

El 29/03/12 06:05, Hendra Manto Sitorus escribió:
> Dear All,
>
> I have upgraded our samba from 3.0.3 to 3.4.15 because I want to implement windows 7 as a client. When I tried to use windows XP to join domain it,s success and no problem, but when I tried to login using windows 7 I have a problem, the problem is "You have been logged into a temporary profile".
>
> If you have a solution for this problem, please share it to me.

Hi.
You don't say how or where your profiles are stored. What does smb.conf
specify for profiles? Try:
1.  Look at the specified path and make sure it is writeable by the user
with the temporary profile. If a temporary profile user.V2 is present,
make sure it is r/w for the user.
and/or
2. Make a note of the user with the temporary profile. As Administrator,
open regedit and go to
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

If you see a .bak file then look for the same sid without the .bak.
Delete the latter. Rename the entry with the back back to the SID+rid
only. _but

e.g.
SID-1-5-21-whatever-1114 (Delete this)
SID-1-5-21-whatever-1114.bak  (Rename this to lose the .bak)
but only if you have fixed the profile directory permissions.

HTH,
Steve