[Samba] Samba4 - user permissions on shares

Cesare Carli cesarinux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:54:26 MDT 2012

I actually just installed bind9 and followed the samba4 howto, I'm using
an alpha17 installed directly from ubuntu repositories.

I followed these steps:

installed the system, Ubuntu server 11.10
purged apparmor to allow bind9 to automatically update samba files
installed and configured bind9 with my domain settings
installed samba4 and ran provision
done

this is my smb.conf anyway. I don't know if it can help

# Global parameters
[global]
         server role = domain controller
         workgroup = ALPSOLUTION
         realm = ALPSOLUTION.LOCALE
         netbios name = SMBSRV

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/alpsolution.locale/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No