[Samba] Samba4 - user permissions on shares

Cesare Carli cesarinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:00:32 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I installed Samba4 on an Ubuntu Server 11.10 at home for some testing.
It is configured as DC and everything seems to work just fine.
I managed to add win7 and win xp machines to the domain and to browse
the AD settings with the  microsoft administrative tools.
I also created a simple share and it works.

Now I would like to learn how to give specific permissions to my shares.
How to give read and write permissions to AD users and groups. Is there
any good guide around? Can you give me any good hints?I tried to give an
search on google but I got scarce results.

Thank you for any advice you could give me,

--

Cesare Carli