[Samba] Roaming profiles not being loaded

Sean Crosby richardnixonshead at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 07:01:54 MDT 2012

Hi Simon,

> However, a user login in which the profile is defined to be on a samba
> server that is not the PDC never gets a roaming profile -- instead the
user
> always gets a temporary profile. Looking at the Windows logs, it is
> complaining about a permissions issue. However, once logged in (with the
> temporary profile), that user can create and modify files in the profile
> directory. I have turned logging level to 3, but I don't see anything
> useful.

I have had the same issue as well. I had to run a regkey on each client to
disable profile permission checking. The reg key is below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

Once you run that, your clients should be able to get their roaming profile

Sean