[Samba] Is the PDC always needed?

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Mar 27 00:47:26 MDT 2012

If you have installed the pdc and bdc the right way, all clients will try to
log on likely to the bdc
than the pdc. So you need  2 ldap server(master/master or master/slave) for
authentication and syncing.
If you need wins you should at and samba4wins. Install it on both servers
and replicate the databases between
them. On  your win clients add it as the first and second wins.

Good Luck
Daniel
EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV