[Samba] samba4: problems setting up win DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 26 07:04:20 MDT 2012

try this.

Manually create System Volume Author: Internal

Copy the system volume from another domain controller (or restore from backup if none is available), then set the following registry value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters

Value to set: Sysvolready = 1

Then restart the netlogon service and check again for the NETLOGON and SYSVOL shares. they should now appear.

Greetz,

Louis