[Samba] User lost domain admin privileges

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Mon Mar 26 05:52:08 MDT 2012

Expounding on the problem further, it appears that no users logging into
the domain are gaining access to any group memberships they have. In
particular, no users seem to have privileges in the Domain Admins group
and the Accounting group provided by the domain controller. User logons
appear to be operating normally and basic print and file services are
operating, but users are lacking any permissions granted by these
additional groups. Is there a command to query a list of groups that the
current user/session is a part of? If I run net group /domain
"Accounting", I see all the correct users listed in that group, but the
user doesn't seem to actually have those permissions. Further details
are below:

--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl at alzatex.com
http://www.alzatex.com/

Fingerprint: 10A0 7AE2 DAF5 4780 888A  3FA4 DCEE BB39 7654 DE5B