[Samba] windows 2008 not able to access Samba Shares

Vijay Kumar vk_pune at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 11:24:20 MDT 2012

Hi,

I am have SAMBA configured on Linux, Solaris & HP UX machine. All version are lower than 3.4.7. I am able to access SAMBA Shares from Windows XP, Windows NT / 2003 Server. Recently we added Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Std Edition as client but I am unable to access Samba Shares from Windows 2008 system.

After changed following registry in Windows 7 Now i am able to access Samba Shares.
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

But Problem is still with Windows 2008. I have gone through no of postings and made changes in security option but no luck. Any idea what how to resolve this issue.

Following Global Parameters are set.
   workgroup = WG01
   realm = localdomain.com
   server string = File server%v on (%L)
   netbios name = <localhost>
   security = SERVER
   encrypt passwords = Yes
   update encrypted = Yes
   password server = 192.168.x.x
   log level = 3
   log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log.%m.%R
   name resolve order = wins dns bcast hosts
   wins server = 192.168.x.x
   case sensitive = Yes

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds,