[Samba] Users can't login any more

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Sat Mar 24 08:29:13 MDT 2012

On 23-03-12 21:01, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> Samba 3.5.3 should recent enough to work properly.
>
> You should probably trouble shoot your Windows 98 and XP machines
> separately.
>
> Do you have any real XP machines? Were you XP machines working prior to
> this problem?
>
> Do you get the errors in the smbd log everytime you restart samba? Have
> you restarted samba recently?
>
> Does "smbclient" work if you specify a user name (Administrator or
> another user?)
>
> Do the accounts look ok in "pdbedit -Lv" ?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I hope I solved my problem (I can't test for the moment, I'm at home).
The cause was (I hope) a "misconfiguration" of some switches.
Thursday-afternoon I needed to monitor a port on a switch for trafic. I
saw a configuration I didn't see yet : Auto DoS. I believed this would
prevent DoS attacks, so I enabled it, and on two other switches. It
seems it's the opposite, it prevents some trafic, effectively creating a
DoS.
I just googled, and it's a known problem of that switch type : HP
ProCurve 1810G.

I reverted that, I'll have to see what's happening monday.

But your suggestions are noted for future troubleshooting. So, thanks again.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.