[Samba] IDMAP dump and restore for second server.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sat Mar 24 01:57:18 MDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:51:47AM +0000, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> probably my lack of understanding the whole thing is making it a little confusing for me.
>
> Is there a way to get the same id's on a second server.

You could move to using an LDAP backend, then it'll always be consistent
between the servers.  If you set up LDAP on both controllers, you can
have replication and a solution that will scale well as you add servers.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.