[Samba] Issues with migrated SYSVOL GPOs

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Thu Mar 22 02:31:55 MDT 2012

Hello all,

some time ago I've posted on samba.internals but did get no answer to my
question. I hope that someone on this list can give me some help.

I have migrated a Win2k AD to samba4 and copied SYSVOL as decribed in
this post:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-October/080026.html

Now I have the problem that only the builtin Administrator can
sucessfull modify/add GPOs. Users which are assigned to the
"domain admin" group can open/view GPOs but when trying to change
anything an error message pops up stating that the user is not allowed
to do it. Unfortunately the GPO does not work anymore afterwards and
needs to be rebuild by the administrator.

Any idea what could be the cause of this behavior and how can it be
resolved ?

Thank you for your kind help.

Andreas