[Samba] how to allow ISC dhcpd to add/update entries to bind9 with bind_dlz (samba4)

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Mar 18 09:19:26 MDT 2012

On 17/03/12 18:00, Andreas Oster wrote:
> I want to achieve the following:
>
> 1) allow non-Windows machines (printers, ILO ...) to be added by dhcpd
> 2) allow Windows machines (joined to AD) to update their own entries
>
> 2 - already works with the configuration from samba wiki
>
> Thank you for your kind help
>
> best regards
>
> Andreas

Hi
I'm not sure if his is what you mean but we have a lan of windows and
linux clients under s4. Both win and Linux clients get their IP via
dhcp. You can see the Kerberos dialogue reveal the IP when the box first
connects. It is a different IP after each boot. So, if Linux counts as
non windows, then yes, it works. We did nothing apart from adding the
dlz stuff to bind.
Cheers,
Steve