[Samba] how to allow ISC dhcpd to add/update entries to bind9 with bind_dlz (samba4)

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Sat Mar 17 11:00:44 MDT 2012

Hello all,

I have set up a samba4 server with bind9 and the bind_dlz module.
Everything is working as it should but now I need to allow the dhcp
server to add entries to the forwarding zone. Has anybody implemented
such a configuration ? Can this be done with the kerberos DNS dynamic
update configuration.

I want to achieve the following:

1) allow non-Windows machines (printers, ILO ...) to be added by dhcpd
2) allow Windows machines (joined to AD) to update their own entries

2 - already works with the configuration from samba wiki

Thank you for your kind help

best regards

Andreas