[Samba] Samba DC and Win 7

Christopher M Bailey Chris at ChrisBailey.au.com
Fri Mar 16 16:27:10 MDT 2012

Hi All,

I know this has been done to death on this forum, but I still can't get
my Win 7 PCs to join a samba domain.  I have edit the reg keys in HKLM
\System\CCS\LanmanWorkStation\Parameters, DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
and DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0, but still no joy.  I am running Samba
3.5.10 on CentOS 5.8 and below in my smb.conf file.

===========Begin================
[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN
netbios name = SERVER
passdb backend = tdbsam
printcap name = cups
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -A %u %g
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -R %u %g
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /var/lib/nobody
%u
# Note: The following specifies the default logon script.
# Per user logon scripts can be specified in the user account using
pdbedit
logon script = scripts\logon.bat
# This sets the default profile path. Set per user paths with pdbedit
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U
domain logons = Yes