[Samba] dbcheck

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Mar 14 17:57:10 MDT 2012

On 03/14/2012 03:31 AM, sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu wrote:
> Hello list, somebody can helpe, my problem is when I run this command
> ./samba-tool dbcheck
>
> Checking 6205 objects
> ERROR: missing backlink attribute 'memberOf' in CN=Sandy,OU=Administrador
> de Red,OU=Comercializadora,OU=CUPET,DC=eccmg,DC=cupet,DC=cu for link
> member in CN=SHARE\0ADEL:ddacaf41-c14f-4e7c-8606-704eec753a4f,CN=Deleted
> Objects,DC=eccmg,DC=cupet,DC=cu
> Not fixing missing backlink memberOf
> ERROR: missing backlink attribute 'memberOf' in
> CN=openfire,OU=Administrador de
> Red,OU=Comercializadora,OU=CUPET,DC=eccmg,DC=cupet,DC=cu for link member
> in CN=SHARE\0ADEL:ddacaf41-c14f-4e7c-8606-704eec753a4f,CN=Deleted
> Objects,DC=eccmg,DC=cupet,DC=cu
> Not fixing missing backlink memberOf
> Please use --fix to fix these errors
> Checked 6205 objects (2 errors)
>
> PD: when I run --fix nothing happened.
> What mean it, what can I do?
Well it's a bit expected that it will fail as the object where you try
to rebuild  is deleted.

I'm currious to understand how you end up in this situation, what is
your samba4 version when did you remove the group ?

In theory the error will go away when the group is completely removed
(180 days after its deletion by default).

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team