[Samba] samba PDC/NIS client

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:24:59 MST 2012

Do you have password sync enabled?    If password sync is enabled, samba
will try to use the passwd command to set the unix password.  But with  nis,
you probably might need something nis specific. On solaris it was "passwd -r
nis" -  not sure about linux.    Probably better to just disable password
sync.