[Samba] Samba4 list members of an AD group

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Mar 10 15:11:44 MST 2012

On 03/10/2012 08:09 AM, steve wrote:
> On 03/10/2012 09:20 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:

>>> Hi
>>> Thanks, but the members tab does not show when I have the
>>> objectclass: posixGroup set.
>>> Any ideas?
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>> Ask Microsoft.
>>
>> Make the same on test windows server and try to see if you can see
>> this attribute.
>> If so make traces and try to figure out the differences of behavior
>> between samba and windows.
>>
>> Matthieu.
>>
> Hi
> I'd gladly approach ms but I don't have a 2008 server.
You can try to download a test version of Windows 2008R2
> Anyone? I think they'd tell me that I'd have to buy extra software to
> be able to list members of a group.
Check the doc, Microsoft published a list of document related to their
protocols:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg258393%28v=prot.13%29.aspx

> All I did was create a group:
> samba-tool group add mygroup
> then ldbmodify or ldbedit sam.ldb on
> cn=mygroup,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=com, to add:
>  objectClass: posixGroup
>  gidNumber: 6000
>
> Everything is working fine, I just can't list group members.

Can you try a test version and see the behavior of
> Meanwhile, _is_ there a samba-tool or wbinfo command that lists
> members of a group?
Don't know, didn't look like it has it.

Matthieu.

--