[Samba] Samba4 list members of an AD group

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Mar 8 01:00:55 MST 2012

Hi
When I add the posixGroup class to an AD group, add a user to the group
and set their primaryGroupID, I can add members to the group:

   samba-tool group addmembers debusers lynn2
ERROR(ldb): Failed to add members "lynn2" to group "debusers" - samldb:
member CN=lynn2,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site already set via primaryGroupID 1106

where lynn2 is a user who has been added to the AD posix group debusers
with primaryID=1106

But I cannot see the entry
  member: lynn2
when I look at the debusers dn using ldbsearch as I can under Domain
Users. The user appears as expected in Domain Users but not under debusers.

Everything works exactly as expected and debusers behaves as if it were
a normal AD group, ace's, acl's permissions etc work under both win7 and
Linux etc.
1. Is there a samba-tool command to list members of a group?
2. Why do I lose the tabs on properties when I add the posixGroup class
to an AD group?

Tjhanks,
Steve