[Samba] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can ntlm_auth version 3.5.10 be used to perform ntlmv2 authentication against a w2008 DC?

Glenn Machin gmachin at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 6 19:52:35 MST 2012

Well I cannot provide proof that the Microsoft radius server is setting
the bit. However  setting the MSV1_0_ALLOW_MSVCHAPV2 bit in the
request.data.auth_crap.logon_parameters of the
contact_winbind_auth_crap() function  fixes the issue with ntlm_auth not
being able to authenticate mschapv2 to a W2008 DC where the
LMCompatibility level is set to 5 => " Clients use only NTLMv2
authentication, and they use NTLMv2 session security if the server
supports it. Domain controller refuses LM and NTLM authentication

ntlm_auth.c:

    request.data.auth_crap.logon_parameters =
    MSV1_0_ALLOW_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT |
    MSV1_0_ALLOW_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT | MSV1_0_ALLOW_MSVCHAPV2 ;

Glenn