[Samba] Windows7 can see shared folder but can't browse them

Bjoern Meier bjoern.meier at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:47:47 MST 2012

Hi,

2012/3/5 Alexis Krier <alexis.krier at valtech.fr>:
> Hi all.
> I have a debian with samba 3.5.6 and I've a shared folder like this:
>
> workgroup = WORKGROUP
> client lanman auth = no
> client ntlmv2 auth = yes
> domain logons = yes
> guest account = nobody
> follow symlinks = yes
> security = user
> encrypt passwords = true
> passdb backend = tdbsam
> obey pam restrictions = yes
> unix password sync = yes
>
> [homes]
>   comment = Home Directories
>   browseable = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>   comment = Network Logon Service
>   path = /root/.ccm/
>   guest ok = yes
>   read only = no
> browseable = yes
> force user = cassandra
> force group = users
>
> I can see the shared folders from my win7 but once double clicked, windows tells me that it can't.
>
> Thank you for any idea

Unix rights? Samba creates processes with the rights of the user. so
every user must have the x (executes for files, listing for
directories) for the whole path.

F. e.:

shared folder is: /data/shares/public/ then the user must have x on
/data then shares/ and public/.
someone correct me please, if I'm wrong.

Greetings Björn