[Samba] windows and nfs4 acls

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Mar 1 07:13:25 MST 2012

On 03/01/2012 01:06 AM, Ali Bendriss wrote:
>> We want a folder where files are created group rw from a base filesystem:
>> ext4 (rw,noatime,commit=120,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr,commit=0)
> Hi,
>
> I can't see the "acl" mount option on your options list.
> Have you tried setting it ?
>
> --
> Ali
Hi
Thanks for the hint. It pointed us in the rigt direction. It must be a
default beacuse adding it to fstab makes no difference. There's
something about acl and xattr being mutually exclusive, or exclusive to
when the fs was built and when it is mounted.

Anyway, it seems that on openSUSE, the default for any nfs command is
the highest available number. Meaning that even if you specify nfs3, the
mount is still nfs4. You have to specifically tell it in
/etc/sysconfig/nfs. Not an easy one to spot.
Cheers,
Steve