[Samba] Problem joining win 2008r2 std. server to samba3 (centos6)

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Fri Jun 22 01:47:29 MDT 2012

I have a basic samba setup, bind dns configured only with
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.rdp.local and removed the active directory role
from the 2008r2 server.

When I try to join 2008r2 server, it tries to connect on this ldap port
which is not even available.
I also setup
|HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
DWORD DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
DWORD DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

Can anybody point me to
1. a specific howto on joining 2008r2 to samba dc
2. or setup dns correctly, so windows is trying to join in another way.

I have no problems connecting to the samba server with an account.

Thanks in advance,
Marc

F1 Outsourcing Development Sp. z o.o.
Poland