[Samba] Winbind Daemon fails to start, group shares no longer functioning

Thu Jun 21 09:09:44 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:07:12AM -0400, Anthony Boccia wrote:
> So in this case, I would apply it to my domain admin group, and change the
> gid to 0? Or is there a separate group i should be looking at?

What you need is a sambaGroupMappingEntry for the primary
group of root, which presumably is 0. What you call it does
not really matter, but changing the mapping for domain
admins sounds reasonable to me without having taken a close
enough look to be sure.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de