[Samba] error

Germ van Eck g.vanek at stationtostation.nl
Tue Jun 19 14:56:57 MDT 2012

I think you'd save yourself a lot of work if you would create a seperate
subdomain for your Samba domain, and let your Samba PDC handle DNS for
this. You can use a SOA record for this, but I expect you can
find/configure this yourself with help from internet sources.
I looked up the DNS items that the named plugin for samba automatically
configures, it's on /opt/samba4/private on my server, so on
/usr/share/samba/private on standard configurations and named
dns_update_list . Next to this records will be automatically made for
workstations joined to the domain.

If you want to run a Samba4 server, I think you should have enough
knowledge to fix the DNS error you have, I think it is clear enough.
Your BDC is looking for a SRV record for _kerberos._udp.eccmg.cupet.cu.
and it can't find it. So, make sure it is using the correct DNS server,
and that your DNS server has a record for this.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

*Germ van Eck*

/Software Engineer/