[Samba] Samba 3.6.6 error loading shared libraries

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Sun Jun 17 23:39:19 MDT 2012

Hello,

I have compiled Samba 3.6.6 from the git branch 3-6-stable for my
Ubuntu 10.04 system.  Configure and make completed successfully though
I get the error:

"error while loading shared libraries: libwbclient.so.0: cannot open
shared object fie: No such file or directory"

This seems like a missing file, though I updated my Debian packages
according to the dependencies before compiling.

Also, would it be wise to use another branch?