[Samba] Samba 4 provisioning error on Ubuntu 12.04

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 15 00:20:07 MDT 2012

Hai,

I did this install yesterday, bug is already reported in ubuntu.

This is simple to resolve.

first apt-get build-dep samba4
install these dependecies.

apt-get install samba4
chmod +x /usr/share/samba/setoption.pl
edit /var/lib/dpkg/status and search for package: samba4
replace half-configured with installed

remove /etc/samba/smb.conf

/usr/share/samba/setup/provision --realm=DOMAIN.LOCAL --domain=DOMAIN --adminpass='YourPassword' --server-role=dc

and read, for the extra things.
http://www.matrix44.net/cms/notes/gnulinux/samba-4-ad-domain-with-ubuntu-12-04
nice howto to install samba4 on ubuntu.

Did my install in 5 min. AD nicely up and running.

Louis