[Samba] how to automount a kerberos cifs share

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:30:33 MDT 2012

On 06/13/12 17:08, steve wrote:
> On 13/06/12 21:10, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
>> How about if you use NFS v4 with kerberos instead of CIFS?
>>

>> On 06/13/12 14:58, steve wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have an automount map:
>>> * -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5 ://server/share/&
>>>
>>> It works fine, but only if Administrator has tickets. I can't do that
>>> on every client!
>>>
>>> Is there any way I can store the Administrator key in a keytab and use
>>> that? Or any other solution?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

> Hi Gaiseric
> Yes, that would be perfect as we are using kerberized nfs3 for
> everything else.
>
> The problem with nfs4 is that you can't have group rw shares and also
> there is no document locking between libreoffice and m$office:-(
>
> This particular share _has_ to be cifs.
> Thanks,
> Steve

What OS are you running?  My experience is that Solaris backported
kerberos to nfs v3 but that linux requires nfs v4 for kerberos.    NFS
talks to GSS  which in turn talks to Kerberos.    autofs runs as root so
with nfs  you would add creds to the local keytab for root  to make that
work.  No   I take it autofs on linux works with more than just NFS.