[Samba] Samba 4 samba-tool dns question

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Jun 13 04:45:54 MDT 2012

On 2012-06-13 11:21, Trever L. Adams wrote:

Hi Trever,

> /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool dns add s4server.example.org example.org
> example.org TXT "v=spf1 mx -all"
>
> I am not sure it is because it is showing up with dig as "v=spf1" "mx"
> "-all" where it should be all one string, I believe.

Well, this is how the current code is set up, Amitay added this behavior
to the DLZ backend recently, and I followed along for the internal
server. I'm not aware of how the string tokenization is actually
described in the standard. I'm also not sure if the issue actually is
that samba-tool doesn't preserve the quotes around the string, so the
data is tokenized when added to the AD record.

Amitay, any insights on that one?

Cheers,
Kai

--