[Samba] Samba3+OpenLDAP -> Samba4 implications.

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Wed Jun 13 02:33:30 MDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I might be going over old stuff, and if so, I apologise.

I administer a network that uses Samba 3 with an OpenLDAP backend for domain logons, printing and file sharing. I am interested in moving to Samba4 for the domain control side of things, but the twist is that I have many other things relying on OpenLDAP for authentication and configuration, with several custom schemas.

Is there a samba4 schema for OpenLDAP or is there a migration path for networks like mine?

Alex Ferrara
Director
Receptive IT Solutions