[Samba] Access denied from Windows XP and Mac

Murthy msganti8 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:07:14 MDT 2012

Hi All,

I have the following setup.

Samba Server: Scientific Linux 6.2 with the following samba config. I am able to ping the samba server from both a Mac and Windows XP machines. I can even connect to the samba share.
However when I try to access files in the directory I get the error Access Denied. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated greatly.

From Mac I can Connect as Samba User, See the Samba Shares. Same with Windows XP I can use c:\net use x: \\MGLINX\Murthy or any other user I configured on the server. However when I cd to X:\ and do dir I get the error Access Denined.

Regards
Murthy

# from UNKNOWN (192.168.1.2)
# Date: 2012/06/07 07:36:43

[global]
	workgroup = MYGROUP
	server string = Samba Server Version %v
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	domain logons = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	cups options = raw
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        unix extensions = no
[homes]
	comment = Home Directoris
	path = /home/%S