[Samba] Yet another Win7 failing to join the domain...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 07:18:40 MDT 2012

Hi,

I just installed a Windows 7 Pro workstation and failed to join our domain ("latest" samba 3.0.33 from CentOS 5.8).
I tried the 2 lanmanWorkstation registry keys from the wiki and Windows keeps saying that he cannot find the domain.
I see NOTHING in samba logs... no failure message... almost like Windows did not even try to talk to it...
I tried the old way (CompatibleRUP, signorseal, strongkey, secpol "LM/NTLM or NTLMv2 if neg") to no avail.

Others Vista can join "without problem".
I can mount shares manually

I read the samba wiki and did not see this version as tested, apart from the "and other versions".
Is it supposed to work or do I need to install a newer version (non CentOS provided)?

Thx,
JD