[Samba] CTDB issues with Windows XP clients

nuaa_liuben nuaa_liuben at sina.com
Wed Jun 6 00:46:55 MDT 2012

Hi, everyone,

I setup two-node samba cluster with ctdb and glusterfs. When one node fails, another node can takeover ip and cifs sessions,
so application can not breaks. Linux cifs client works fine when disable one node. However, it does not work under windows xp.
I am copying a big file to samba share, meanwhile I disable the connected node,
then copy break with "The specified network name is no longer available" error message.

anybody can help me?

ctdb and samba configuration as followed.
smb.conf
-----------------------------------
[global]
        netbios name = ctdbsamba
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        clustering = yes
        idmap backend = tdb2
        private dir = /gluster/lock
        fileid:algorithm = fsid
        vfs objects = fileid
        security = user
        workgroup = panastor

[share]
    comment = None
    path = /gluster/data
browseable = yes
    read only = no
    hosts allow =
    hosts deny =
    guest ok = yes
-----------------------------------
ctdb
-----------------------------------
CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=/gluster/lock/lockfile
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/gluster/lock/public_addresses
CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
ulimit -n 10000
CTDB_NODES=/gluster/lock/nodes
CTDB_LOGFILE=/var/log/log.ctdb