[Samba] Phantom Domain Master Browser

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:46:24 MDT 2012

In the /var/samba/locks directory you may have browse.dat file  or
wins.*  (if this is a WINS server) files that have incorrect info.
You should be able to name/backup these  files and restart nmbd.

Is the phantom master browser a samba server or a Windows machine?  the
Samba DC normally should win browser elections but it is not always the
case.