[Samba] High Memory utilization - Samba

Mahesh Tambe mahesht at xpanxion.co.in
Wed Jul 25 21:31:03 MDT 2012

Hello,

One of our box running domain controller (Samba4) and DNS/DHCP (Bind 9.8 and default dhcpd) keeps getting high memory used by Samba.
As a workaround we do following steps.

1)      Restart of Samba = Mem utilization goes back down but quickly returns to high levels (a couple hours)

2)      Restart of named = mem utilization goes down and slowly rises again to high levels (days)

The samba logs do show constantly some errors on updating the ipv6 addresses to DNS, however we don't have ipv6 enabled.
This has only occurred after we added in all the PCs in our office to the server.

Request you to please let me know the root cause for the same.

Regards,
Mahesh Tambe

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee, or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.