[Samba] Question about the difference samba3x and samba 3.x

Anthony Boccia aboccia at afilias.info
Wed Jul 25 08:39:04 MDT 2012

Hello All,

I haven been having issues joining my windows 7 client to a samba
3.5.10-125 PDC. I have been doing some reading online and have found some
pages that suggest that samba3x plays better with windows 7. The PDC OS is
RHEL and i am using RHEL 6 upstream packages for samba. My question is,
does this theory of samba3x being windows 7 friendly over samba 3.x hold
true? Also, what is the difference between samba3x and samba 3.x.

Thank You