[Samba] Failing to get uids from AD

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Wed Jul 18 09:49:26 MDT 2012

Thanks Steve.

I don't have an 'objectClass: posixAccount' set, though I'm unclear whether that's needed. My nsswitch.conf is set as:

passwd: files winbind

I'm not trying to use the generic LDAP mechanism.. I'm trying to get Winbind to talk to AD. I suspect it will look for different attributes than the ldap modules would look for.

cheers,
-Nick