[Samba] Samba 4 on Production

German Molano gmolano at ignios.net
Mon Jul 23 12:35:07 MDT 2012

El 23/07/12 10:46, Horacio Lo Brutto escribió:
> Yes, in fact that was one of the things I haven't mentioned. We're
> going with either to physical servers (nice ones) or with Blades +
> VMWare ESXi. We will build a redundant pair of servers.
>
> I am a little concerned about the amount of users / machines, and
> therefore GPOs that would need to be configured / applied in order to
> support such network.
The only consideration of GPO scalability is that GPOs are shared
objects on a folder, so you have to secure the availability to the
workstations.

> I am interested in more details regarding the ACL issues you have.
> What kind of issues you see?
The default Linux mount options could not support store windows file ACL
attributes. There are recomended file systems for that task like XFS.

> Regarding the linux permissions / file system. are you working with
> Samba as the file server as well ? (the files resides on a linux box?,
> that's what I mean)
Syncing the groups that you create inside Active Directory with the ACL
stored would be easy or sometimes a tricky task. You could search the
forum about this.