[Samba] Phantom Domain Master Browser

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Fri Jul 20 06:49:44 MDT 2012

There's a phantom domain master browser showing up in my Samba nmbd.log
file.

I keep thinking that maybe it is left over in one of the files that I
transferred over from the old server to the new server and it isn't clearing
itself out. Is there a way to clear that and is it possible to have a
phantom browser fighting over the Domain from a copied over file?

I transferred all of the Samba files found in /etc/samba to the new server.

This was also an upgrade from Samba 3.2.7 to Samba 3.6.3

I have noticed some additional files in the /var/log/Samba directory as well
as some additional files in the /etc/samba directory on the new server.

--

Regards,
Robert Adkins II