[Samba] Custom VFS

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Jul 19 04:29:15 MDT 2012

Ajaxplorer could be worth to look at.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Daniel Iwan
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2012 11:40
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Custom VFS

Hi

I would like to  create custom VFS that would redirect all calls to my
backend.

Few questions:

1) is it possible to use Java with JNI wrapper to communicate with my
backend or does it have to be pure C/C++ ?

2) are the notifications (file deletion/creation etc.) available in VFS, in
other words notifying samba server and applications that directory has
changed?

3) are there any examples/tutorials/walkthroughs or up to date documentation
for VFS?

Regards
Daniel