[Samba] samba segfault with autofs schema

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Jul 18 06:37:05 MDT 2012

On 18/07/12 14:02, Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, steve wrote:
>
>> Here is an auto.misc home directory map that we translated from solaris.
>
> I already have all of the maps ready to import, but I cannot do that
> until I can import the schema. And I cannot do that until I can get
> samba to start without segfaulting :-(
>
>> I get the feeling that we are not really allowed to do this at the
>> moment.
>
> Yes, I get that feeling too. There are really a lot of problems with the
> beta3 release; it's a show-stopper for me.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve
I feel that I am getting in the way when I ask anything about non
current patches, especially on samba-technical. I can understand that
since there are more important windows affairs to sort out before our
mere esoteric autofs schema mods. But there you go. Support for our
icing on the cake requests for beta5 and above will probably only
materialise after the 4.0 release. Indeed, we have bugzilla showstoppers
such as not pulling gidNumber from the directory, even before we get
anywhere near the automounter.

I've just got beta4 (and a backup;-)) on a test lan. I'll have another
go with the autofs ldif and report back.

Cheers,
Steve