[Samba] samba segfault with autofs schema

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Jul 18 01:44:27 MDT 2012

On 17/07/12 23:19, Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, steve wrote:
>
>> Are you on Linux? It must be our schema mod. that is wrong.
>>
>> This guy has it working on Solaris:
>> http://phaedrus77.blogspot.com.es/2010/04/samba4-ad-domain-controller-to-serve.html
>>

> Yes, I am on Linux (CentOS 6.2 32-bit) and have seen that URL (it's
> where I got the schema originally). I don't even create any automount
> map entries at all; the samba daemon segfaults on startup with the
> schema loaded.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve
Previously we could with but I put it on hold (as I knew it worked by
then) until we had a s4 release.

Here is an auto.misc home directory map that we translated from solaris.
They have auto_master  where as we have auto.master. It really is
straightforward:

dn: automountmapname=auto.master,dc=HH3,dc=site
automountMapName: auto.master
objectClass: automountMap
objectClass: top

dn: automountKey=/home2/POLOP,automountmapname=auto.master,dc=HH3,dc=SITE
automountInformation: -rw,sec=krb5
automountKey: /home2/POLOP
objectClass: top
objectClass: automount

dn: automountmapname=auto.misc,dc=HH3,dc=SITE
automountMapName: auto.misc
objectClass: automountMap
objectClass: top

dn: automountKey=*,automountmapname=auto.misc,dc=HH3,dc=SITE
automountInformation: hh1:/home2/POLOP/&
automountKey: *
objectClass: top
objectClass: automount

You also have to change /etc/nsswitch.conf to pull the stuff from ldap
rather than files in /etc

We are using NFS for Linux clients and the workaround is to export the
/etc automount files and link them to /etc.

I get the feeling that we are not really allowed to do this at the
moment. 4.1 maybe.
Cheers,
steve