[Samba] Linux SSO with samba4?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Jul 17 12:20:53 MDT 2012

On 17/07/12 15:04, Quinn Plattel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about give up on this Ubuntu SSO setup - I haven't been able to get any
> solution to work so far.  I have looked through Bernd's notes, Steve's
> notes, and the Ubuntu Community SSO.  I think it is because most of the
> howto's are old and may not work with a Ubuntu 12.04/samba4 + Ubuntu 12.04
> client setup.

Hi Quinn

The Samba doco describes SSO as the holy grail for admins (sic)

S4 caters for Windows out of the box. To get it to talk to Linux clients
on the same terms takes a little longer. We have a 12.4-SSO
Ubuntu-xp-7-setup working. I know how you feel. It took us the best part
of 6 months to get it going with s4. When you do, you can set up an
Ubuntu client in a matter of minutes and wonder what all the fuss was
about. So don't give up, you are almost there. You are making all the
right noises, especially with nslcd/nss-ldapd. We work with limited
resources but are more than willing to help those go down the same road.
Offlist or via our blog if you like.

Cheers,
Steve