[Samba] Failing to get uids from AD

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Mon Jul 16 10:34:22 MDT 2012

Thanks Jonathan, but it didn't work for me. I updated my config to look like this:
   security = ADS
   realm = CORP.mycompany.COM
   allow trusted domains = yes
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind nested groups = YES
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind nss info = rfc2307
   winbind refresh tickets = yes
   idmap config CORP : backend = ad
   idmap config CORP : schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config CORP : 1000 - 99999
   #idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config * : default = yes
   idmap config * : range = 100000 - 199999

And after restarting smbd and winbindd, my ID came back as 100000 instead of the expected 1001.

Is there some other element missing from my "idmap config CORP" sections to somehow associate it with this specific AD server? Or does the "CORP" identifier suffice?

thanks again!
-Nick