[Samba] ldbsearch/kerberos issue

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Fri Jul 13 09:35:12 MDT 2012

Samba 4.0.0beta3, CentOS 6.2

I can successfully perform an ldbsearch on the Samba ldb by specifying the
-U parameter:

   # ldbsearch -H ldap://<hostname> -U <username>

and while I can kinit successfully, I cannot use the resulting ticket to
connect:

   # ldbsearch -H ldap://<hostname> --kerberos=yes --krb5-ccache=/tmp/krb5cc_0
   Failed to bind - LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
   Failed to connect to 'ldap://<name>' with backend 'ldap': (null)
   Failed to connect to ldap://<name> - (null)

Would appreciate a clue.

Steve