[Samba] Fwd: Linux SSO with samba4?

Quinn Plattel qiet72 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:13:38 MDT 2012

For the list....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bernd Markgraf <bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de>
Date: Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Linux SSO with samba4?
To: Quinn Plattel <qiet72 at gmail.com>
Cc: samba <samba at lists.samba.org>

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 14:40 +0200, Quinn Plattel wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> I looked through your solaris sso setup and I noticed that you use
> autofs for auto-mounting /home.  Will this not give problems with
> mobile platforms when they don't have access to there home
> directories?
It sure would, but since there are no mobile devices running a Unix
flavour around here, I'm ok with that. For the Windows notebooks - they
keep a cached copy of the profile (unfortunately). All data are to be
kept on site, at least that's the plan ;-)

 Bernd

--
Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel