[Samba] compiling samba 3.4.8 on CentOS_6.2

Heather Choi hceuterpe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:36:06 MDT 2012

How is Samba 3.6 against ADS broken?  I have Samba 3.6.6 on SL6.2 with
ADS and it's running great...
In fact on my Windows 7 laptop, with my SSH client, I can SSH in with
kerberos, no password entering is needed. :-)    Same with Linux to Linux.

If you really have to install Samba 3.4 against CentOS 6.2, install these:
http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/3.4/rhel/6/x86_64/

But you really should at least try to stick with Samba 3.6, and get your
configuration file correct.