[Samba] compiling samba 3.4.8 on CentOS_6.2

Randy Rue randyrue at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:19:27 MDT 2012

Jonathan,

I appreciate the help you've given but you and I are having fundamentally
different experiences with 3.5. I've tried everything you've suggested, as
well as a bunch of conflicting suggestions from others, with no success.
I've narrowed the problem down to the idmap --> ad settings in smb.conf and
the best information I have right now suggests that something went wonky in
the app sometime after 3.4.8. So right now my immediate objective is to get
3.4.8 running and see if the problem still occurs. A particular help would
be at least getting some error in syslog or the samba logs to find out why
the binary won't start.

Randy