[Samba] How do I get an ssh client to authenticate with samba4's kerberos GSSAPI? [Solved]

Ritter, Marcel - RRZE marcel.ritter at rrze.fau.de
Wed Jul 11 00:32:49 MDT 2012

Hi Quinn,

I just tried your solution (my machine is also multi-homed). However it
doesn't work for me. The man-page of sshd_config also states, that the
behavior of "GSSAPIStrictAcceptorCheck" may depend on the used
krb5 libraries.

Could you please have a look at the krb5 and openssh versions you're
using (and perhaps the linux distribution/version)?

BTW: I'm running:
	 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
	openssh-server 5.9p1-5ubuntu1
	libkrb5-3 1.10+dfsg~beta1-2ubuntu0.1

auth.log mentions (during failed login):
	Unspecified GSS failure.
	Minor code may provide more information:
	Wrong principal in request

Thanks,
    Marcel