[Samba] Use of function to check server.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:54:53 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm building a fuse fs which offers a SMB browseable tree.

I would like to use the function to check a server is still ok, by
first getting the function

check_server=smbc_getFunctionCheckServer(context)

and

get_cached_server=smbc_getFunctionGetCachedServer(context)

now by calling the latest like:

SMBCSRV *server=get_cached_server(context, name, NULL, workgroup, NULL);

and then check_server(context, server)

I always get 1, which means an error, even when the server does exist.
What could be wrong??

And why is a share and user an argument in the function above??
Whether a server is up or not does not depend on a share or a user??

Stef