[Samba] Netbios over VPN

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Sun Jul 8 16:27:23 MDT 2012

Hello,

I believe you can use WINS to solve this problem.  It's been a while, my
neurons may be rusty, but I had a similar set up using openswan.  I
believe winbind will do what you want; configure samba to use winbind
and your road warriors with that as their wins server.  If I remember
correctly, the road warriors will register with the winbind server, then
everyone on the network configured to use the winbind server should be
able to find them...

Check here for better information (or at least a place to start):

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/NetworkBrowsing.html#id2585378

--
Bob Miller
867-334-7117 / 867-633-3760